How to activate CentOS 8.4 ELS with an activation key?
- CentOS 8.4 ELS
To enable the CentOS 8.4 ELS repository on a server, follow these steps:
1. Download an installer script:
2. Run the installer script with keys:
sh install-centos8.4-els-repo.sh --license-key CELS8_4-XXXXXXXXXXXX
3. The installation script registers the server in the CLN with the key, receives the token and adds the yum-repository with the token.
4. The script will create the /etc/yum.repos.d/centos8.4-els.repo yum repository config file and add the PGP key.
To ensure that installation has been completed successfully, run the following command:
yum info els-define
It should return the info of an available package.
5. After this, you will be able to install updates from the repository using a regular yum upgrade command.
Please sign in to leave a comment.