The newly created CentOS 7 instance was converted to CloudLinux, after taking a snapshot and creating AMI from it, the instance created from AMI failed to boot.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create EC2 instance from cPanel AMI (AMI ID ami-05c0d5b501e6fa85f) (Marketplace URL https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/prodview-azvsuhfhptzxc)
- Wait for a few minutes for cPanel to complete its install
- Install Cloudlinux using the following commands as root
sh cldeploy -k <activation_key>
- Wait for Cloudlinux to finish installing
- Take a snapshot of the instance
- Create AMI of snapshot
- Deploy new instance
- The new instance will fail with "instance status check" and is unreachable
- CloudLinux 7 hybrid.
The issue has been fixed in
which is in a stable channel now.
Please update the package before taking a snapshot.