How to submit a Feature Request for TuxCare products?
- All TuxCare products
1. We define a feature request as a request by a customer to incorporate a new feature or enhance an existing feature of the product that is currently not available.
Examples of a feature request:
- add KernelCare support for the new Debian 99 platform that is not listed in patches.kernelcare.com;
- add a new package to the ELS subscription.
2. To submit your new feature request, please follow the next steps:
- Go to the TuxCare Feature Portal: https://features.tuxcare.com.
- Click Submit idea in the top right.
- In your message, we recommend you use the following sections to help us address your request properly:
Problem – the issue you faced;
Solution – what is supposed to solve the issue.
Example of a feature request:
I need to identify all the decommissioned systems in my ePortal setup to remove them from being tracked by ePortal.
Please add a command or page to ePortal that allows me to quickly identify and delete these systems.
An example that is not considered a feature request:
- I have live patching on RHEL8 and this new RHEL8 kernel is listed as Unsupported.
- Identify the importance of the feature request by choosing the appropriate button: Nice-to-have, Important or Critical.
- Specify your email and click Submit.
3. Feature requests that are selected for validation by Product Management will be listed in features.tuxcare.com in the Under consideration section. This process is not automatic and not all ideas are vetted or listed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.