How to generate an API secret key and where to find it?
- IP-based licensing account
- CloudLinux WHMCS Plugin
Please note that API secret key is available in IP-based licensing accounts only.
An IP-based licensing account owners can find the API secret key by performing the steps below:
- Log in to the CloudLinux Portal;
- Click on Profile (top right corner of the account portal beside the Billing tab);
- Click on the Settings section;
- Click on Personal Information;
- Scroll down until the API secret key field appears.
In order to change the API secret key, customers can add any secret key (that would be any combination of digits or letters) in the Personal Information tab in the account portal.
The customer wants to set up the WHMCS plugin and needs to enter the API username and password,
- API username - the customer's Login name (username) to the CloudLinux Portal, and
- Password is the API secret key.