If you’re migrating to a new server and would like to use your current Imunify license, you can do it with a couple of steps in CLI – no cancellation of the current Imunify subscription or purchase of a new one is needed.
Obtain an Activation Key
To begin with, if you have multiple Imunify licenses, you will definitely need to double-check which one is exactly registered with the source server. To obtain the necessary key, you will need to log into your CLN account here: https://cln.cloudlinux.com/
- find your Imunify licenses under the Imunify360/ImunifyAV+ tab in Activation Key section:
- Or navigate to the Activation Keys menu:
- In case you have multiple licenses purchased - you can go directly to the “Servers” page, where all the licenses and servers they’ve been registered with are listed and search by the hostname or IP to locate the license you need:
Note your Activation Key, you’ll need it for further steps.
Removing the license from the source server
Old server is available
Old server is unavailable
Log in to the old Imunify360 server as root and use the following command:
# imunify360-agent unregister
Or, for ImunifyAV+:
# imunify-antivirus unregister
The key can be unassigned from the former server from our end – therefore, do not hesitate to contact us specifying the IP address of the server you wish to free up from the license. Feel free to submit a ticket to our team here: https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
Adding license to a new server
Once done, log in to the new server and install Imunify360 using the same key you used for the old server (the one double-checked in your CLN account):
# imunify360-agent register [YOUR_KEY]
- or -
# imunify-antivirus register [YOUR_KEY]
If you’ve got your Imunify license key from the extended Plesk license (a Plesk key has the following syntax – A00B00-0CDE00-F0G000-HIGK00-LM0N00), you can get the correct activation key in the following way:
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > Plesk > License Management > Additional License Keys
- Click “Download key” and open it in some text editor
- Find the following abstract:
<aps-3:key-body core:encoding="base64" core:type="binary">YOUR_BASE64_ENCODED_LICENSE_KEY==</aps-3:key-body>
<!--Information about additional key-->
- This is your base64-encoded key, and it should be decoded using a CLI utility or an online base64 decoder into UTF-8, e.g. https://www.base64decode.org. The new license key should have the following format: IMxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
- Use the new key decoded to activate the service.
You can now double-check the license is valid using the following command:
# imunify360-agent rstatus
- or -
# imunify-antivirus rstatus
Afterwards, the new IP should be reflected next to your license in the CLN account.