In this category, you will find CloudLinux OS-related guides, FAQs, setup instructions, and troubleshooting articles written by our Support Engineers. Those will help you to tackle the most frequent problems, answer the most frequent questions, and explain non-trivial setups. Visit our Documentation page for administration guides and manuals where all our features are described in detail: https://docs.cloudlinux.com/
- Does CloudLinux Subsystem for Ubuntu support DirectAdmin?
- You have third-party kernel module(s) rpm installed
- CloudLinux Manager is not available after CloudLinux installation is completed.
- Recommended CloudLinux & control panel conversion order
- How do I install CloudLinux from scratch or convert existing server
- Integrating CloudLinux Components into a Custom Control Panel
- Full SQL query is not visible during X-Ray tracking.
- Unable to use ClamAV on DirectAdmin servers
- /opt/alt/curlssl11/usr/lib64/libcurl.so.4: undefined symbol: nghttp2_session_callbacks_set_error_callback
- Bug in cagefs_enter utility leads to autoreponder issues on cPanel servers.
- Check service `cl_plus_sender` is present, enabled and active: FAILED
- SSA-agent high CPU usage
- How to prepare your server(s) before ticket creation and provide replication steps for the Support Team
- How to authenticate your server for Support Team and use the SSH access form?
- What is CageFS?
- Why some PHP extension is not present in the PHP Selector Extensions dashboard?
- Will the CloudLinux 7 get Extended Lifecycle Support?
- How to check the latest stable kernel?
- PHP Selector Integration with cPanel
- PHP Selector Integration with Plesk Panel
- PHP Selector Integration with DirectAdmin
- Missing MySQL extension or "MySQL_ND vs MySQL"
- Cannot manage PHP versions when CageFS is disabled
- Looks like your PHP handler doesn't support CloudLinux PHP Selector
Limits & LVE Stats
- lvestats failed to start: undefined symbol
- How to backup and rebuild LVE database
- LVE error: error: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'initialize'
- Can not connect to database; MySQL-client libraries package not installed
- How to change inode/quota user settings via CLI
- Is it possible to disable LVE Faults Email Notifications for all users by default but allow some users enable them on demand?
- CageFS mount point does not exists
- Error extracting /home/username/backups/backup/home.tar.zst : /bin/tar: ./.cagefs/tmp/mysql.sock: Cannot create symlink to ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’: Permission denied
- Warning: session_start(): open(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/alt-php* failed: No such file or directory
- Ubuntu SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed
- CageFS is not automatically enabled for new users
- Unable to determine realpath of /home/XXX (No such file or directory)
Apache mod_lsapi PRO
- The handler for ea-PHP 8.2 in /etc/container/php.handler is missing
- Unable to install mode_lsapi due to mod_ruid2
- "mod_lsapi" broken after update: Connect to backend failed: connect to lsphp failed: 110
- Unable to install mod_lsapi - DirectAdmin
- How to improve lsapi performance
- Invalid php.ini is used for Plesk lsapi domains
- mysql-governor.xml read/parse error: Document is empty, line 1, column 1
- FileExistsError: [Errno 17] File exists: '/etc/my.cnf.d.govprev'
- Cron /usr/bin/flock -n /var/run/cloudlinux_processpaneluser.cronlock /usr/sbin/processpaneluserspackages
- DB Governor has the "Update your MySQL to CLL version from repo.cloudlinux.com. Current is ..." error
- Email: Maybe Governor is not started. JSONDecodeError
- governor-mysql-1.2-83.1 update caused websites slowness.
- How to choose the correct kernel to boot on CloudLinux OS 7
- Unable to load lve module with debug kernel
- LVE load fail: could not insert 'kmodlve': Cannot allocate memory
- Is a hybrid kernel installed by default on a CloudLinux OS 7 server?
- The "Reboot your system to update the kernel" after update and restart the server for CloudLinux OS 8.7
- swiotlb buffer is full (sz: 256 bytes), total 0 (slots), used 0 (slots)
- EXCEPTION: parent directory is world writable, FileUtils#remove_entry_secure does not work; abort: "/tmp/passenger.h8oxja" (parent directory mode 40767) (ArgumentError)
- [ERR_REQUIRE_ESM]: Must use import to load ES Module
- The received data is wrong... fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable
- Python selector: Unexpected issue(s) happened during importing python applications
- Unable To Deploy Node.js Application - Error: Cannot find module 'semver'.
- Installed CloudLinux component is indicated as not installed
Yum & RPM Problems
- CloudLinux 8 repository is being used in spite CloudLinux 7
- How to remove outdated kernel on CloudLinux 8
- Error getting repository data for mysqclient, repository not found
- Yum update error: package kmod-lve-debug requires kernel
- ea-modsec30 package conflicts ea-apache24-mod_security2
- A package is filtered out by exclude filtering
General Administration & non-CloudLinux Guides
- CloudLinux Manager Blank Page in DirectAdmin
- CloudLinux ELevate project
- yum shows "package alt-libgd requires libavif.so.14()(64bit)" errors
- AccelerateWP getpwuid(): uid not found
- Enabling AccelerateWP for domain.tld through the "Smart Advice" does not work:clwpos.user.config.ConfigError: Wrong wordpress path '%(wp_path)s' passed
- The ID in lveinfo returns a UserName that does not exist and stays permanently in ve.cfg.
Fighting High Load
- Understanding the High Load Average root cause
- Delay when loading website for the first time and high TTFB values when lsapi handler is used.
- How big your swap partition to be
- Load Averages is high on VMware VPS
- How do I install VMware-Tools/Improving server performance when on VMware
- High iowait and/or load average when APC enabled in PHP Selector